Saturday, July 11, 2009

4 hours til race time

i picked up my new frame yesterday, and i am sooo excited to try it out. it looks much more intimidating that my last bike. haha. black, white and red, but i will post pictures later. i switched from a 51.5 to a 50, now all i have to do is lower the saddle. i did switch to clipless because i feel really good in my clips and straps.

8 races left in the season, but next weekend i am going to skip the track and race in town. melissa and i are going to be partners for the annual rocky alley cat race. i am pretty stoked because normally i am not very good at alleycats because i have no sense of direction, but this race is different because one person runs the packages from 2 set points and the other drops them all over town, so it works out ideally.

last night emerson took me on a little training ride, and it really made me miss how often i used to ride my roadbike. i told him he should keep training me so i can get into shape and actually ride a real road race before the season is over. hopefully that happens. we are also highly considering doing the air products class in august and going up to kissena on some tuesdays to race. i am working on twisting his arm hehe...

anyway, i am going to make mike and i some delicious breakfast and then we're off to track!

No comments: